Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Classes and Such

Well it's been a week since classes started, and what a week it has been. Lots of stuff has happened, but I'll start with the "important" thing, how my classes are going. So. I'm taking one math class, Numerical Analysis, and three Comm classes, one about society (105), one about intrapersonal communication (205), and one called Freedom of Speech (307). I'm also taking an individualized learning project (ILP) in math and hoping to get back into piano lessons.

So far I really like all of my classes. It's been a little difficult keeping all of my Comm classes straight, especially which rooms they're in. I have already entered the wrong room at the wrong time, since I have classses in 343, 353, and 446 of the same building. I think that my favorite Comm class will be Freedom of Speech. I'm taking it because a friend of mine asked me to take it with him, and I was a little apprehensive about it at first because it's a 300 level course, which means that I am once again one of the youngest students in the class. And it's at 8 in the morning at SJU..... yuck. But there are only 13 of us in the class and it sounds like it will be very interesting. We will be debating three cases throughout the semester, and since I love that kind of thing I think I will enjoy the class. Plus, it's very discussion based and my prof makes us think about things differently, which is always cool. My other two Comm classes aren't as distinguishable from each other, but I have friends in both of them and since the subject of communicating is very ineresting to me, I'm sure I will enjoy the classes.

Math is a different story. It's my other 300 level course, and there are once again only 11 people in the class, with only two sophomores. The other one is a Jonnie, and he seems very nice. Unfortunately, the subject matter is tough so I'm a little worried about whether or not it'll click for me. However, it is kind of refreshing to have a class that is fact based instead of theory based. I haven't started my ILP yet, but I don't anticipate that to be too difficult. I'll be working with Dr. Bob, who knows me fairly well and is able to teach me in a style that works perfectly for me.

Well, there's a lot more to say, but I think I'm going to stop here for this post and start again later. So, for the next few updates, make sure you scroll through a few headings if you want to catch everything. Thanks for all of your prayers for my friend; she's doing much better and has returned to school. Enjoy this beautiful weather! xo Rach

No comments: