Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Bosses and Old Friends

As I may have mentioned, I will be returning to both of my on-campus jobs this year. I went through some pretty extensive "team bonding" for Campus Ministry and an hour long training session for Admissions, at which we just kind of hung out and talked. I have new bosses for both of my jobs, which I am a little bummed about, but so far they both seem very nice.

Campus Ministry (at least the Liturgy team) underwent a pretty big overhaul this year. We lost a large number of our teammates, and added three freshmen and David Fremo, our new boss. Tomorrow will be our third student led mass of the year, and all I can say is that I hope it goes better than the last two. The first one, the Welcome Mass for first years and their parents, went pretty well, but it was a little chaotic trying to train in all of the first year campus ministers and teaching David how we do things. Plus, we had all just spent two days at Camp Friendship, and that morning, we helped move in all the first years for over three hours, so we were pretty tired. Last weekend, mass was a disaster. Steph (our only senior and pianist other than me) didn't show up, I couldn't play the piano (more on that in the next post), and David told all of our volunteers not to come until 4:30 instead of 4. On top of that, we didn't have the volunteer list or the map of the church which we use for training them, and no one really knew what was going on. The music didn't go so well, and all of us "old hands" were very stressed out, which definitely showed. This week, we found out that Steph will not be returning at all and so things are going to have to drastically change around the Ligtury team. I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen, but I think that the next few weeks are going to be crazy. It's going to be difficult trying to get things organized, help David get used to the position, and keep masses going smoothly, but hopefully we'll rise to the challenge.

Telecomm on the other hand is like going home. We haven't hired anyone new yet, so we have a small team, but we all know each other and everyone knows what they're doing. I've only called one night so far, but it was kind of fun to get back into it and start talking to some prospies again. We have switched up how we do things a little bit, but I'm excited about the changes, and can't wait for training on the new system so we can start using it. I love my supervisors and I enjoy the people I work with, so all is good on that front.

It's going to be a busy year, working five evenings a week instead of just four, but in all honesty I know I'll get used to it soon and have no problem with it. Things will just have to be a little different now, which is always good. So, that's all on the work front. love!

No comments: