Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Relaxing and Refreshing

Labor Day weekend is a great thing in a college student's life. We've only had classes for about a week and a half, and already they're giving us a day off. I was one of the smarter ones, and got most of my homework done well ahead of time, so I don't have much to do over the next three days. Last night, I kicked off the weekend by going to the Local Blend (the coffee shop right off campus) with my best friend and hashing out everything sucky that's been going on over a bowl of ice cream and drinks, eating dinner with my roommate and her boyfriend and my three closest girlfriends, meeting Molly's best friend who is an absolute hoot, and then having a really good hour and a half long talk with Brittany. (And in case you're confused, Brittany is my best friend, so yes, I went to the coffee shop with her and I had a chat session with her).

Then, since I miss my cat so much and since I really just wanted some time alone, I packed up my homework, some books and some clothes, and headed home. I'm not used to having people all around me, all the time, so I jumped at the opportunity to get away for a few days. My family is at the cabin, and while that's where I really wish I could be, I have to work tomorrow, so home is good enough. I slept in today, got up and made a breakfast of pancakes, and have spent the rest of the day reading and playing with Miles. He's gotten so big! And he's really cuddly right now since he is grateful to me for letting him play outside. It's been a very quiet day, and I'm just loving it. I don't have too much homework to do, so I've been catching up my "fun" reading and pretty much just being a couch potato. I talked to Mom for an hour, but other than that, there's been no human interaction. This has been a great escape, and I think that when I go back tomorrow I'll be more ready for the college life again.

I have great plans for Monday; rollerblading with Brittany (no hills this time!), walking the Chapel walk with her, watching the stars with her that night, and hopefully eating dinner with a good friend that I haven't been able to hang out with for awhile. Plus, I'm going to sleep in and do the very little bit of homework that I have left. And paint my toenails. I don't know why, but doing that always makes me happy. I'm pretty grateful for this three day weekend, and I plan to make the most of it. I feel like this is going to be the exact thing that I needed to get the past week and a half out of my system and to find the happier Rachel that I know is somewhere inside of me.

I hope you all take advantage of this three day weeked and gorgeous weather to do something fun outside and to take a little time for yourself to just relax. Pretty soon, fall will be here and things will get busy. I love you all!

No comments: