Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Surgery and Whatnot

It's official: I'm getting LASIK surgery this weekend (Saturday the 14th), AND I got the promotion for my on campus job!! I'm pretty excited about both of these things, even though the surgery being when it is will make getting back to school interesting. I won't go into the gory details of the surgery, but it's going to be a few days before my life can return to normal. Regardless of that, I'm super excited to have the surgery done; I have no fears about it at this point. I'm just so excited to join the world of those who see 20-20 :o)

It's been a busy weekend, so today I have done essentially nothing. I'm on my second movie of the day, and the basement floor is a huge mess with all of my school stuff spread out everywhere. I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to clean all of this up! Tomorrow I have the doctor and dentist, but the rest of my week can be focused on getting everything packed up and put away before surgery on Saturday. I'm going to drive myself down to Edina on Saturday morning and my family's going to meet me at the clinic after I'm done to bring me to Grandma's house, where I'll be staying until either Sunday or Monday, depending on how my post-op appointments go. As soon as I get the okay, I have to head back to school and work. I'm pretty excited about that too; I can't wait to see everyone again, and to get settled into our new apartment.

That's about all I've got today. Love you all!

2 comments:

Juli P said...

Good luck with the LASIK, I'm sure it will go perfectly! the first day is horrible, feels like you did a face plant in a sandbox with your eyes open...but take the valium or whatever it is they may give you to rest and sleep the rest of the day away...You'll wake up on Monday all refreshed and with your nearly perfect vision (it takes a few days to get to the 20/20. It stays 20/20 until you turn 40 and then it goes downhill from there, again.....

Rachel said...

Thanks! I'm pretty excited for it; even the thought of being uncomfortable for a day or two doesn't bother me.... it's all worth it in the end!