Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Apartment Life

I can honestly say that I hope this is the worst apartment that I ever have to live in. Aside from the fact that we have no air conditioning, there are also these things to consider: we have bugs. Lots of bugs. We have absolutely no ventilation in our bathroom, so after a hot shower, blow drying hair, and plugging in a straightener, it's impossible to be in there even long enough to brush our teeth. As you walk up to the door in the back of our building (where most people enter), you have a great view of our living room. For whatever reason, all of the construction on our building was saved for the last couple of weeks... at 5 in the morning. The paint on the walls is chipping, and nothing seems to be in very good condition; especially our disgusting furniture. Essentially, we moved from the best living quarters on campus to the worst. Bummer. However, there are some positive aspects: we have our own kitchen and our own bathroom, we live next to the laundry room (no more hauling clothes up and down three floors!), we can park directly behind our building, the rooms are really quite spacious, and we finally don't feel like we're living in a dorm. It will take a while, but we'll make it home. We just have to remember it's only been a couple of weeks, and nowhere can feel like home in just two weeks. So, there's still hope!

No comments: