Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Long Days, Ahead and Behind

It's been a long couple of days, and there are a couple more long ones in line. Here are the blurbs:

Wed. 8/4: Worked a morning shift, came home and enjoyed the sunshine by laying on the dock, came in when I couldn't handle the flies any more, shook rugs, swept, did dishes, packed everything that wasn't necessary for the rest of the day/next morning, loaded my car, showered, worked my last Wednesday night shift (and probably last shift ever) at Sugar, came home, played with my newest toy, tried to sleep, tossed and turned all night.

Thurs. 8/5: Got up at quarter to five because I couldn't sleep, watched the news for a while, got dressed and ready to go, finished packing and loading my car, did a walk through of the place to make sure I had it all, took the garbage to the back, packed some snacks for the day, texted Mom and headed to St. Cloud. Beat Mom there by half an hour, got coffee (was starting to feel tired by that time), met Mom at 9, shopped until 7, spent tons of money, ate at the Olive Garden, came home, unloaded the car, started trying to unpack, realized that I have absolutely nothing to wear for the next couple of days, ordered free books for my Kindle, went to be around 11:30.

Fri. 8/6: Up at six, officially finished everything up for Psych, blogging, will shower and pack, leave for church at 7:45, church, breakfast with some folks, down to Edina to find out the fate of my eyes, Guitar Center to buy a guitar, coffee with a CSB friend, possible pool party in Andover, spending time with Grandma, hopefully spending the night there to make a dress and get up tomorrow and go get surgery.

Sat. 8/7: Either surgery in Edina and recover at Grandma's or unpacking/laundry/sewing and stuff at home

Sun. 8/8: Home stuff in the morning, TEC reunion in the afternoon.

Notes: 1.) My newest toy is my Kindle; Steve and Bunny surprised me with it Wednesday night and made me cry. 2.) I have had a really tough time sleeping lately; I think it's nerves over my eye appointment this morning. 3.) I am still looking for an iron, and ironing board pad, a blender, and a George Foreman for school, among other miscellaneous things. 4.) I am terrified that I won't be a good candidate for LASIK, but I'll know in four hours or so.

Love to all! Rachel

No comments: