Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Disbelief

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, resting my eyes for surgery in three hours, but I've been tossing and turning for an hour already, so I just decided to get up. I cannot believe that in just a little while I will be leaving home to go to Edina to finally get LASIK done... I've wanted this for so long and I just can't believe that it's finally going to happen! I'm not nervous at all about the surgery itself, but I am a little apprehensive about afterwards. Everyone keeps telling me that I'll be really uncomfortable for at least a day, and my eyes are where I have my lowest pain tolerance. I don't want to feel like I have sand in my eyes for the rest of the day today! But, as everyone also keeps telling me, it will be worth it by tomorrow night.

This past week has been a whirlwind of annual appointments, packing, catching up with people, more packing, hanging with the family, more packing, and did I mention packing? My car is crammed full of stuff, and I still have a few more things to put in there. And it's all going to sit there until Monday afternoon, when I can finally (hopefully) return to campus for the year. I'm spending the next few days at Grandma's, since her house is ever so much closer to my eye clinic then our house is, and I wanted to be able to go straight from there to school after my post-op appointment number two on Monday.

Well, I best get started on the final stage of getting ready to go. See you all on the other side of surgery! xo

No comments: