I don't even know where to begin. Okay, how about... here: As many of you know (and many of you probably don't), I worked a TEC weekend this past weekend in Belle Prairie. Yes, I took off the busiest weekend of our summer here at the Resort to go to a church retreat, and I have ZERO regrets about it. This was my third time making an appearance in the old Belle Prairie school house, and it was just as great as the other two times I was there. I got very little sleep, but had tons of laughs, hugs, sways and prays, singing circles, cries, hours of work.... I could go on and on. I met over thirty new people this weekend, and left with at least twenty new friends. We worked hard, prayed hard, made a lot of people very happy, and had an all around amazing weekend. I can't even explain to you how wonderful it is to take a part in something that is so much bigger than I am, nor can you ever understand the intense feeling of peace that comes in such a short time (unless you've ever made a TEC of course), so I'm not going to try. Suffice it to say, that leaving the newest additions to my family last night was tough. It was hard to leave the best source love that I've ever found outside of my blood family to come back up here to my lonely cabin, and I'm already counting down to August 8th when I get to go back and see everyone again. I met a bunch of people around my own age, and a number of them live in the St. Cloud area, so I'll be seeing a lot of them when I get back to school- yay!- and I also met the Epiphany Church Ladies of Coon Rapids, and have plans to go down and visit on my short break in between work and school. But, as hard as it was to give those "one last hug"s and to drive away, it was still great to get back up here, call work, and find out how much I've been missed. These next two weeks will go by fast, and then it's back to school, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the remaining time here. If you've never made a TEC, I strongly encourage you to consider it, and if you have any questions about it, ask me- I can talk about the TEC experience for a very long time.
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment