Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Painting

This week has been an adventure at work unlike any other week of work here. If that makes sense. Anyway, we sent all of the guests packing early this week (aka they checked out) and haven't checked anyone else in. Except a little old man in his camper, but I haven't even seen him at all, so it's kind of like there's no one here. All of the cabins are empty, and things are super quiet around here, so we've been tackling jobs that wouldn't normally get done. I've done multiple small jobs: picking up sticks after the big storm that went through Sunday morning, hauling 40 lbs bags of softener salt, moving furniture, cleaning lots of box fans, and whatnot. But my big job for the week, which took up the first three days of it, was to paint. I let it be known that I love painting a while back, and since Bunny hates it, she took advantage of my love and set me to work. I started off just painting the bathroom in cabin 14, which was surprisingly harder than I had anticipated. Those bathrooms are tiny, and there isn't much room to maneuver. I spent a lot of time precariously balanced on a wobbly ladder, trying to make sure I wasn't getting the dark sea-green paint on the ceiling. I worked for a few hours, getting the first coat on, and then came back in the afternoon to do the second coat. The next day, I started in on the main rooms in the cabin. I spent well over five hours painting, up and down the ladder, trying to stay somewhat cool in the insane humidity.... I couldn't finish it all in one day, so I got up and came over in the pouring rain yesterday morning to finish up in the kitchen. It was satisfying, as painting always is, and I love how the place looks now. I got to bring over my iPod, and listen to music and dance around, when I wasn't on the ladder. My body is sore, and I have a big bruise on my left calf from where I had to lean on the rung of the ladder to keep my balance, and I would do it all again if we didn't have a gigantic group of people checking in on Saturday.

Three weeks left.

love Rach

No comments: