It was like a horror movie: I walked into the cabin yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, and the place was FULL of ants! They were on the floor, on the table, on the counter, on the rugs.... they were everywhere! Huge ants; carpenter ants. I smashed as many of them as I could with my shoe, but they kept pouring out of all sorts of hidden places. Now, I'm not usually one to be scared of little bugs; in fact I saved a spider last weekend, but that's a story for after I finish this one. However, the fact that they just kept coming out was freaking me out a little bit (okay, a lot a bit), so I grabbed my phone, headed outside, and called my parents in a slight panic. I ended up walking down to Norm and Cathy's, where I got ant spray, and sprayed the cabin for them before heading outside for the rest of the evening. I was terrified of going to bed and waking up with them all over me, but as Ethan so kindly told me, I'm not sweet enough for them to crawl on me, so I made it to bed and fell asleep eventually. Now I'm just waiting to hear from mi padre as to when the exterminator can come.
As to the spider. We were decorating the dining room last weekend, and I found a spider in the sink. In my opinion, he wasn't that big (I had a huge wolf spider in my dresser last summer, and anything smaller than that is NOT big) but everyone else thought he was huge. In actuality, he was probably the size of my thumb between the tip and the first knuckle. Anyway. I just let him be and used the other sink, and he was fine until we started cleaning up after dinner. People kept dumping water on him and trying to kill him! I wasn't very happy about that, so I stayed by the sink and protected him until everyone was gone. As brave as I was acting about this spider though, I didn't really want to touch him, so I did what every woman does: I convinced a boy to take him outside for me :o) It made me very happy to see him crawl away outside, and that's the end of that story.
So it's been a buggy couple of days, and I'm hoping that I don't have to deal with any more of them any time soon. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment