Well, after I made it back to good ol' P-town Friday afternoon, the fun and games began. It was a bit of a stressful night for everyone, trying to get packed up and ready to go. I came home to find out that not only had we not started packing yet, but also that not all of the laundry we needed was done. Tempers were a little short, which was not good for me, being as it was my first night of spring break and the first time I was going to be home for more than a couple of hours. I didn't add to the happiness much either, considering that I was running on about two and a half hours of sleep plus four hours in my car, being very stressed out because I don't like driving in the cities. But you knew all of this from the last time I wrote.
Anyway, I ended up falling fast asleep on the couch Friday night while I was waiting for my iPod to finish charging. My dad woke me up around 11:00, at which point I decided the thing was charged enough and proceeded to stumble upstairs and fall into bed. I used a comforter and a fleece blanket to cover the bed and slept until about 4:00 in the morning. We made it out of the house around 4:30. I plugged my headphones into my ears and fell asleep, not waking up until we got to the airport. We made it to the gate on time, boarded and took off a few minutes early. I sat apart from the rest of the family and slept off and on all the way down.
When we got to FL, the rental car waiting for us was a joke. Two of the seatbelts were broken and we couldn't buckle everyone in, so we ended up being at the airport for almost two hours after we landed, trying to get a car. The drive from Fort Meyers to Marco Island is about an hour and a half, and we got to the house around 3:30. We unpacked, and headed out to grab dinner and some groceries. I was dead tired, and it took my remaining energy to walk around that grocery store. (Which happened to be Publix, one of my favorite grocery stores ever... odd, I know) When we got back, I read for a little while and pretty much fell into bed around 10.
Yesterday, we got up and went to church and then came back to the house and relaxed. It was sunny for a little while, so we all got some sun, but then the clouds rolled in and we spent the rest of the day indoors. We're starting off this vacation with the bad weather, hoping to work up to the nicer stuff. We got off the island for dinner, checking out this little place called Rib City. It was good food, and we had a lot laughs. We arrived back at the house around 8:00, put the kids to bed, and just kind of hung out for the rest of the night. I was once again in bed by 10:00.
Today I didn't get up until 10:00, and the first thing I found out was that Joe is sick. He's been freezing cold and throwing up (...I think. I haven't checked too closely into that yet.) Dad and Karen went to Publix to get some meds and food supplies and everyone else is having a quiet day in, since the wind is still pretty strong. I've been putting off my two papers that I need to write and reading instead. The kids are doing homework and watching t.v. quietly, since the pool table was driving Grandma nuts. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get together with Teri and Kate, and go shopping.... I think the inactivity is hard on Grandma.
I miss my friends back at school SO MUCH, and I can't wait to see them all again. Hopefully though, the weather will clear up so I can get outside and bring them back a tan to be jealous of!
love to all!
1 comment:
Publix rocks! I love going there when I'm down south!
It's not weird to love a grocery store . . .
I hope the weather warms up for you all.
Hopefully, no one else will get sick! Have fun.
Post a Comment