Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Even The Most Carefully Laid Plans....

can end up changing completely. My weekend was all planned out in my head, starting with Friday night. I was going to have a piano lesson around 4:30, do some homework, grab something to eat, head over to SJU around 7:30, see Karen, come back to CSB around 9:45, relax in my empty room (Sami was gone all weekend for basketball), and get to bed by about midnight. Saturday, we were going to be up and headed into St. Cloud by 11:00, shop for a few hours and be back early afternoon to do some homework before having another girl's night, this time in my room. Sunday we were going to sleep in late, finish any homework, go to church, and then head over to SJU for the remainder of the evening.

Wanna know how my weekend actually turned out?

Friday night, I did have my piano lesson around 4:30, and it turned out to be pretty upsetting for me. As it turns out, with my tendonitis messing with my practicing, I may have to take an incomplete in my lessons, or even drop the course. I'm really rather upset about this, since I love playing piano. Our decision for the time being is for me to take another week off, and see how things are going by the end of March. I'm hoping to finish the semester out and then take a little more time off at the beginning of my summer. After my lesson, I met up with Brittany, Merideth, and Heather and we got dinner at CSB before heading over to SJU on the 6:30 bus. I did in fact get to see Karen, who was playing in the pep band for a girl's basketball game, but it was only for a couple minutes. I didn't want to pay to get into the game, so I went back to Mary 2 with the girls and was waiting around for the next bus when we all decided to go check out the dance in the pub. Suffice it to say, I didn't make it home and into bed until 1:30. Brittany spent the whole weekend in my room, and we talked for just a couple of minutes before falling asleep. 

Saturday morning, we didn't end up leaving for St. Cloud until noon, since Heather had to work. We shopped the mall; got some essentials, as well as some fun stuff, and made it back to CSB around 3:30. The other girls headed over to SJU after a couple of hours of homework, and I stayed back to keep working. Brittany ended up taking the 9:15 bus back to CSB, and we met up in the Gorecki for a quick bowl of cereal before heading back to my room. We worked on some stuff for a little while, and then decided to head over to Regina to check out a party that was supposed to be going on, but it wasn't, so we left. We ended up sitting in Mary Hall Commons for a good hour and a half, just talking and people watching. Finally, around 12:30 we headed up to my room and crawled in bed. About 15 minutes later, the boys showed up. They had been out in St. Joe, and ended up hanging out with us until the 2:00 bus. We finally got to bed around 2:30 and slept until 9:00. 

On Sunday, I did a little homework before meeting up with my collegebound group for breakfast. We chatted until a little after 11:00, and then I went to practice piano for mass, came back to my room, took a quick shower, got ready for church, and went to SJU for an orchestra concert with Brittany. It lasted until just before I needed to head back for church, so I got out of there pretty quickly. Mass went well; it was confirmation and Bishop Kinney was  the presider. After mass, Brittany and I headed back to SJU for the remainder of  the evening. All was uneventful until about 11:30, when all the power on the campus was lost due to an excel power outage combined with our generator dying. I was irrationally scared, and ended up spending the night because I refused to drive back to CSB and then spend the night alone in my bed. Brittany and I slept in Jon's room, and Merideth was in Steve and Geo's room. We slept until about 7:30, when we found out that classes were cancelled for the day, which was an awesome discovery. The rest of the morning, we just hung out on Jon's futon, chatting with each other and the random people that walked in. At one point we walked over to the Reef and had some dry cereal. Finally around 1:15, we all came back to CSB and worked out. The weather was gorgeous today, so most of the group ran outside and then came back to our dorms and did homework outside. Brittany and I got food with Jon and Geo around 4:00, and then I had to work. After work, Brittany and I attended a speaker, and were about to head over to SJU when we realized that there was still no light over there. We decided to stay here, which worked out well, since all of our guys are here too. We're currently just sitting around doing homework and hoping against all hope that the generator will prove impossible to fix by tomorrow. As of right now, all classes at CSB are scheduled to go regularly and SJU classes are pending. I would definitely be up for a couple more days of cancelled classes, but it doesn't look too promising. Most of our boys are thinking about spending the night here, so we'll see what happens. 

Whew, that was long. I hope all is well where you are. Have a great day and don't forget to smile because I love you!

1 comment:

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

So sorry to hear about your tendonitis! Hang in there! :)