Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Just Some Thoughts

Week number two of classes is almost over... just two hours of work and one 70 minute class period, and I can be on my way to enjoying my long weekend. This week has been a busy one, or at least it felt like it. I've been taking advantage of not having a second job yet and meeting up with some friends that I haven't seen in a while, so that's been kind of nice. I had coffee with an old high school friend on Tuesday morning and last night I hung out at the mall with an old middle school friend until they closed. It's an odd thing, catching up with people that used to be such big parts of your life. Made me feel old. I have also spent a lot of time this past week missing people that have abruptly left my life to go experience a semester in another country. While I am happy for them all, and I do realize that I am the one who chose (for myself) not to go abroad at all during my school years, I'm still feeling a little sad about the whole situation. I definitely still have friends on campus, but the folks that I hung out with the most last year are all gone until December now, and I really don't like it. I know I've said it a million times already, but there it is. I miss them. One thing that I didn't even realize before they all left is that not only can I not see them, I also can't text them or call them because none of them have their cell phones over there. And that's a lot harder then I thought it would be. Time will make this experience easier, but knowing that doesn't help much now.

Happier (funnier) things that have occurred in my life have to do with being a third year student at this school, watching all of the first year students. You can always tell who they are, and it's just really funny. They all wear the same clothes (their free Bennie shirts, their Bennie pride shirts, their free Johnnie shirts, all of their other school apparel...) and plus, they look so little! I can't believe I was ever one of them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my long weekend, which is kicking off with a night of babysitting my favorite little girl and her brother (who will more than likely become my favorite little guy after we get to know each other). I'll be home- home home, aka Princeton- after my eye appointment tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to a weekend of peace and quiet. Love to all!

No comments: