Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This 'n That

Well, I have fully mended now; there's no excuses left to not doing homework :( Oh well, I guess I'd rather be feeling good and having to do homework than the alternative. This week is the first round of testing for the semester: I had one in my Math Stats class yesterday and I have one in Nutrition on Friday. Math wasn't too bad (!!) and I don't anticipate Nutrition posing much of a challenge for me either, so that's really nice. Other than that, classes are going well; none of them are too exciting right now.

Besides classes, I've just been kind of hanging out, enjoying the beautiful weather. In my night class last night, we got to do a "walk and talk", where we got divided into groups, handed a list of questions about the book we read, and sent outside to enjoy the evening. My group and I ended up exploring a part of St. John's that I've never been to, and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's tempting to skip class and head over there to explore longer while the trees are still pretty!

Other new things in life:
* I babysat my boss's younger daughter last Friday (she's basically 10 months old and super cute) and then Becca and Alex on Saturday, and had fun both nights. I've been babysitting a lot lately; I had forgotten how much I love hanging out with little kids. Plus Becca did a really good job- NO crying- for the first time ever, and that combined with the fact that I got to hang out with an awake Alex made Saturday night great.
* On Sunday, I did no babysitting but I actually played my guitar in church for the first time ever. I didn't plug into an amp, so no one could hear me except one of my co-workers standing in front of me, but it felt great. I haven't done anything new in such a long time that I had forgotten how empowering it feels. My boss has me working on playing one or two songs every week, and I think that that pattern is going to work out well for me.
* We had our first late night Perkins run on Monday night after I spent two hours in the library doing math homework (after a work meeting...) Two of my co-workers and I headed out there around 11 and didn't come home until 2. We had a lot of fun just chatting and having girl time; I've been missing that, and I came home with a smile on my face.
* Only one week left until Long Weekend- I can't wait!

That's all for now folks. Much love to everyone!

No comments: