Why Blog?
I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Bittersweet
In 10 days and half an hour, I shall be done forever with my sophomore/junior year of college... only one year left! It's kind of scary to think about that. Our room is slowly but surely being emptied of our things, and we are starting to have "one last dinner" with friends that we don't get to see very often. All of our classes are wrapping up with final projects/papers/tests/presentations, and we are preparing ourselves for that wonderful time that is finals week. We are watching out our windows as parents come and pick up their daughters' things and as everyone tries to enjoy the weather (not so much today) and get their homework done at the same time. The libraries are filling up, and so are the computer labs in the dorms. My friends are making their study abroad traveling plans, and I'm getting ready to say good-bye to some of my favorite people for the next eight months. Facebook walls are starting to fill up with notes from high school friends, wanting to make plans for the summer, and from college friends who want to try and get together at least once or twice this summer... not like last year. Work is crazy busy, trying to plan for Commencement Masses and cleaning things out for next year. It's such a bittersweet time of the year. I hate leaving here but I don't want to continue the craziness that is school life anymore either. I'm looking forward to a summer up north, and to all of the things that I have going on. It's just hard to know that next year will be my last year as a college student and then it's out into the real world I go. In 10 days and half an hour, my summer begins. In 10 days and about nine hours, I say good-bye to one of my best friends, who will be leaving for military stuff for the whole summer. In 11 days, I say good-bye to my roommate. In 12, it's my other best friend at school. Well, I'd better get to work so that I can get it all done! xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment