Well, not too much has been going on in my life. As of today, I have been home on break for three weeks, and I've really just been hanging out around the house for most of that time. I've spent a couple of shopping days with my mom, and gotten together with my girlfriends from high school once. I have done a major amount of reading and am half way through the third season of the Gilmore Girls (the box set of seven seasons was my Christmas gift to myself). I had a wonderful Christmas, spending time with the family and eating lots of great food, and 2010 was rung in by watching Harry Potter on BluRay, while babysitting my favoritest little cousin, Becca.
Today has been a blast from the past. I'm working on a quilt that will be made from my favorite old t-shirts, and sorting through my old clothes makes me smile and remember how attached to certain articles of clothing I was. Then, I took Nikita, Steven, and Nina to a JV Basketball game at my high school for their Christmas present. It was very odd to be back there, since I've been gone for close to three years now. I ran into an old friend, and we caught up on our lives since graduation, and it's just funny how old I felt. I'm graduating from college in 16 months, and that's kind of scary. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was going to class in that old school, but at the same time, it feels like a million years ago. Now, instead of worrying about where to go to college, I have to start looking for somewhere to live, and a permanent job. Yikes. It's exciting, but sometimes I don't really feel ready for it.
I head back to school on Sunday for my second-to-last spring semester. I'm looking forward to most of my classes, and I can't wait to see some folks again. I've been missing my roommate quite desperately; it's harder to go to sleep without having someone to talk to for an hour after I crawl in bed. I also miss work and my friends there, so it'll be nice to go back. Luckily, the weather looks like it will warm up a bit for the move back in.
I hope that all of you are well and enjoying the first couple of weeks of 2010. xo.
No comments:
Post a Comment