Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Three Weeks Down

Well, I've been in classes now for three weeks, so I think that any judgments I make of them at this point shan't be snap judgments, even though I know that it's entirely possible that my opinions will still change. That being said, here's my opinion on my classes so far.

My Language, Gender, and Culture class is.... interesting. It's very discussion based, which I like, but even though I'm quite interested in the topic, I feel like the discussion isn't that interesting. Everyone seems to offer variations on the same ideas and the conversations don't really go anywhere. Plus, that class is at 8 am at SJU, which makes it a little tougher to appreciate.

My Theology class (Biomedical and Health Care Ethics) is probably my favorite one at this point. I thought I was signing up for something completely different, but I've discovered that I'm really enjoying this subject. This class is also discussion based, but we have such a range of people (from Catholic to Muslim, from Bio Majors to Math Majors, from believers to non-believers, from American descent to Chinese) that the class is fascinating. The topics we're covering throughout the course are things that I've never really thought about, but are ones that I think that I will enjoy having a knowledge-based opinion on them. My professor for this class is one that I thought I would really not like, but she's starting to grow on me. She's doing a nice job of pulling on all of the different backgrounds we have and making us question each other.

Math is math is math is math. I say this every semester, but it's still true. The class itself is probably not my favorite in terms of content, but I like my prof and the way he's set up the course, so I think that I will hate it much less than last semester's math class.

Mass Media and Children is my least favorite class at this point. It's a night class, which does not bother me in the least. However, I don't really get the feeling that the professor and I mesh well, and I feel like there's a lot of random things going on. Plus, I think that everyone in the class is once again coming from drastically different backgrounds, but instead of making the class more interesting, I get more of a feeling of everyone trying to one-up each other.

In other life, I've been busy, but I'll catch you up on that later. Love you all!

No comments: