There are a number of reasons why I am leaning towards this decision. First of all, it's about $20000 that I can save, especially when I don't really need to be here that extra year. This is technically my third year of college, since I was full-time PSEO at SCSU my senior year, and I'm ready to get out into the real world. I can finish all of my school's requirements, as well as both of my majors by next spring, and the fourth year would just be taking filler classes. Another thing is that I'm just ready to be done. I want to get out there and start living my life; I want to make money instead of spend it all. I feel like I can do more with my life than just sitting in a classroom, taking notes, and being tested on what I'm learning.
Now, I know that there are many things that aren't the greatest about graduating early. I won't be able to study abroad, and I'm leaving my childhood forever, much earlier than I had originally anticipated. I will need to find a job, a place to live, and figure out how to make things work. It will be scary, and I am nervous about it. At the same time though, I'm really excited. Some day, will I look back at this time in my life and wish I had done things differently? Maybe, but I don't think it will be something that I dwell on too much. I feel like if I choose to stay the fourth year, I will look back and regret not taking the chance more than "losing" that last year.
It's hard to put my thoughts about this into words, but feel free to shoot any questions or thoughts my way! xo
No comments:
Post a Comment