Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Break

So pretty much one of my favorite things about college is the really long breaks we get to have :o) Yes, while I'm at home I miss my college friends desperately and I want to go right back, but I have to say that every time a break rolls around I'm ready for it. Winter break was no exception. I was sad to leave my friends for almost a month, but I couldn't wait to get home and just do nothing. I ended up staying on campus for a full day after my last final was done, cleaning and doing some laundry and stuff like that, so I got home right at dinner time on Thursday the 18th. 

I really didn't do much during break. I slept a ton- about 10 hours a day, and just kind of hung out at my house for the rest of every day. There were a few times that I ventured out though: to get my hair cut for the first time in almost three months, to get together with a few of my closest high school girlfriends, Christmas Eve and Christmas day of course, church, visiting Grandma and things like that. 

I also got to go tubing with my siblings and my Aunt Drea and Uncle Rick, which was a lot of fun. It was their Christmas gift to us, and we decided to go right away while I was still home and could join them. We went to Elk Park (I think) and tubed for two hours, and then went and got pizza at Broadway Pizza, which was delicious. I love doing stuff like that with my sibs/aunt and uncle. It's always nice to get the gift of time together :o)

My other "big" activities were going to see four movies in theaters, which is more than I've seen in the past four years. I saw Marley and Me with my family on New Year's Eve, Twilight with my best friend two days later, Seven Pounds with Mom and Grandma the next Tuesday, and Bride Wars with my mom on the Saturday before I left. I liked all of the movies, but let me tell ya, theater popcorn is not something I can eat quite that much of...

Otherwise, my break pretty much consisted of reading anything I could get my hands on and hanging out with my family. I read so many books over break that I have no idea what my final count was. Unfortunately, now that I'm back at school, I have to read textbooks, which are nowhere near as fun. It was tough to leave home after spending almost a month there, but great to get back to school. The past two days have been full of classes and friends, which I will write about later, after I finish some homework. Happy Tuesday to everyone!

No comments: