Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, January 19, 2009

First Weekend Back

My first weekend back at school was spent off campus, go figure :o) I got a call early in my first week back from my aunt, who was wondering if I was free that weekend to babysit my almost two year old cousin, Becca. Of course, I said yes, and so I left campus around four thirty Friday afternoon to head to Anoka. I babysat Becca for about a week this summer, and it was fun to spend some more time with her. She's a lot of fun to play with, and so despite having to get up way earlier that I wanted to on both Saturday and Sunday, I enjoyed myself. Unfortunately, Rick and Drea's propane tank was completely empty when Becca and I got up Saturday morning, so we had a couple of chilly hours until Rick could get someone out there to fill it up. Other than that, the weekend was pretty uneventful. Rick's older daughter, Vanessa, was around for some of the weekend, but she had to work overnight Saturday, so she slept a lot. We did get a chance to chat about college and such though after Becca was in bed and before Vanessa left, which was great. Rick and Drea got back to their house around 10:00 Sunday morning, and Becca hurried me out the door (she knows that when I come to her house, Mom and Dad leave, so she wanted me to go before they left again). I stopped off at WalMart to pick up some necessary snacks for my room, since I forgot to bring anything like that back with me, and then drove back to school.

My other exciting part of the weekend started around 5:00 Sunday night. Joe came to spend the night here and the day with me today. I was really excited to have him come up, because I would love for him to go to school here. He came up in time for church with me, and then after that we ate at Gorecki with some of the other campus ministry folks. It was naturally a little bit quiet on Joe's end, since he didn't know any of the people we were with, but it at least gave him a chance to see what Gorecki is like. After dinner, we walked back out to Joe's car and headed over to SJU so Joe could meet some of my friends and get his stuff taken care of. He stayed with two of my friends on Mary 2, Steve Rogers and Chris Philips. Being as how I know pretty much the whole floor, we just hung out with some of my friends until I had to leave at midnight. Joe came back over to CSB this morning to go to my FYS class with me, and then we caught a bus back to SJU so he could eat in the Reef. I gave him a mini tour of the place, we ate with Merideth and Steve, and then went back up to Mary 2 until Keith, a sophmore friend of mine, got back to SJU and then we went and checked out the sophmore dorms. Joe brought me back to CSB and then left for home around 3:00. While I know it was probably a little awkward for him to be here with all of my friends, none of whom he knows, I was really happy to have him here. We've actually become friends... somehow :o) I definitely won't pressure him to come here, but I would absolutely love it if he did. So far, all I've been able to get out of him is that it was "cool" but he didn't have anything to compare it to, so he wasn't sure how it would rank.

I have an interview for my Campus Ministry job in about 45 minutes, so I need to go hit the shower and then head out there. I hope y'all have a great day!

No comments: