So, my classes. I'm taking Mass Media and Society (Communication), French 212 (a literature course), Intro to Peace Studies, and the second semester of FYS. Thus far I'm loving my schedule, although I don't necessarily enjoy all of my classes 100%.
My Comm class is very interesting. So far I absolutely love it, even though I have to get up and catch a bus at 7:30 to get there. My teacher is great! She started off the course with a great activity that helped up argue with an authority figure effectively and made us think about how the media "teaches" us different things. I took a Comm class last year at SCSU and I loved it, which definitely influenced my decision to take this course. I don't really know anyone in my class yet, but I think the conversations are going to be great. The only downside (other than the time of the class) is the amount of reading we have to do for each class. Luckily, Comm books are one of the few schoolbook genres that I actually like to read :o)
French 212 is a class I am taking out of necessity for one of my majors. I love the language, and I am very excited to become fluent, but French classes have never been my favorite. My prof for this class is a softspoken woman, but she seems like she'll be tough enough on us that we'll learn a lot. We have two novels that we will be reading along with a bunch of short stories.
Peace Studies came highly recommended to me. A lot of my friends took it last semester and loved it, so I decided to check it out. So far, I love it. It's a really relaxed setting, and my prof is very laid back. We do a lot of reading for this class too, but I think it will be interesting. We have to journal about these readings which may be a little tough at first, but it will be good for me. The best thing is that I'm taking the class with Merideth, Heather, Chelsea, and Fanny. We have a lot of fun together, and we eat lunch at the Reef after the class and just chatter away.
FYS is getting off to a better start than it ended. My classmates and I are starting to talk a lot more, and I really like some of them. Jordan is probably my best friend in that class, and we hang out outside of class too, since he lives on Mary one and I can go down and visit him whenever I'm on Mary two. Hopefully the class stays interesting and doesn't slide back into the absolute boredom that it was last semester.
Other than classes, I've been at SJU every night. I got my needed break from everything, and I'm loving being over there again. The relationships among us all are changing, and I hang out with a little bit of a different crowd. I still hang out with Geo and Jon and all them, and now I hang out with Kevin and Frankie and Chris and Fernando. I also think that I will be down on Mary one more often, since I'm getting to know more people down there.
I start work next week, and piano lessons soon. However, I have been procrastinating my homework long enough, so I need to get to it. Love to all, and I miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment