Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Today is Friday. That in and of itself is a wonderful thing. However, every other week (this being one of them) I have very long Fridays, so I don't necessarily look forward to them that much. I got about five hours of sleep last night after an emotionally charged evening, and then had to get up and go to class at 8:00, followed by two more classes and a meeting with my new boss. 

So it's been a busy day. However, over the past couple of days, I've been taking special notice of the simpler pleasures in life, such as the beautiful sunrise this morning that I got to see on my way to SJU. And the awesome hug I got last night from a relatively new, but very good friend. And the great conversation I had with my new boss today about life and my new job, as well as the hug I got from her, welcoming me to the team. And the fun chat I had with one of the lunch ladies, Laurel, who is new to CSB this year, and is a lot of fun to talk to. And the knowledge that I have a "date" to watch a movie with two of my closest guy friends. And I have a lot more to share, so I'm going to stop saying "and" :o) In addition to what I've already mentioned there is: the fact that I have time to go the gym with a couple of my girlfriends in an hour, knowing that I get to eat dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a while, getting to know the girls in Admissions better when we all went down to the reception on Wednesday, being able to listen and help my friends with their problems. The fact that my best friend at CSB found a great guy to be with, the knowledge that the guys I hang out with all the time really do like having me around and that they're always there for me when I need them, Pandora music, wearing my sweatpants, the fact that I'm almost done with my homework already, only having to go to class three days next week. And one of the most exciting things: the fact that I am trying to turn over yet another new leaf with a friend's girlfriend, with whom I tend to not get along well with, and the fact that we actually had a decent conversation today. I'm proud of that one.

I tend to get so caught up in the daily toils of life and stress over homework and things like that, that I forget to open my eyes and heart to simpler things. I just thought I would share some of what I've noticed, so hopefully all of you who have had stressful weeks this week would remember to take a few minutes and thank God for all He's given us. Have a great weekend! xo

No comments: