Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update

Well it's been awhile since I updated this, so I'll try and fill you in on what's going on in my life. Let's see. I got hired with the Liturgy team in Campus Ministry, and during my first mass as an "official" minister, we experienced a power outage and had to hold the mass in darkness. It was very interesting... and a lot of fun. The lights came back on half way through the homily, but at that point we were all in the gathering space vs. the actual church, and everyone was sitting on the floor. It was stressful for those of us in charge, but I think it went really well. 

I've re-started in Admissions, but not quite regular hours yet. The first week of calling, we didn't call on Tuesday because of the Inauguration, so I only worked one night that week, which was last week. This week, I only worked Tuesday because last night I went down to Eden Prairie to help out at an admitted students reception. That was a lot of fun, but a very long night! We met at 3:00 and didn't get back until after 11:00. However, I met a lot of really cool people, and I got to talk to a number of students about CSB/SJU, which is something I love doing. Next week, it's back to the grindstone, and I'll be working Tuesday and Wednesday night, 5-8.

Classes are still going fine; I still hate getting up and catching a bus for my 8:00 am at SJU, and I still have a lot of reading to do. I don't really like my French prof, or my FYS prof, but other than that, I can't complain.

As to my social life.... I've been spending a crazy amount of time at SJU. It's a lot of fun, and I get a lot of work done over there. Plus, it's been great to spend some one on one time with some of the guys and get to know them a little better. I don't get enough sleep most nights, but I make up for that on the weekends. Last weekend, Karen and Mom were up here for Karen's piano competition (in which I just found out she advanced to the next round!!! I'm so proud!) and we hung out for the day on Saturday. It was fun to see them again, and luckily, I didn't have anything else going on, so I didn't feel like I needed to get back. Saturday night was the freshman formal dance. It was a little weird; a lot different than the high school dances I remember, but it was still a lot of fun. I love dressing up, and that would have made pretty much anything fun :o) 

Other than that, not much else going on. Love to all!

No comments: