Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love/Hate

For everything good, there is something bad. It's like the rule of life or something... I'm not a huge fan of this, but it's always there. This past week, I have been noticing things that I love about CSB/SJU, things that make me wish I wasn't in fact graduating next spring. Things like how much I adore my roommate, I have a job that I love (even if I can't get enough hours), the luxury of not having to worry about paying bills, the fantastic security team that keeps me safe, the busses that bring me pretty much wherever I want to go, being able to sleep essentially whenever/wherever I want, the people that I get to spend time with.... Oh sigh. I'm really going to miss this place.

Luckily however, there are things that I'm growing to really hate here too. Things like my annoying-as-all-get-out piano teacher, classes in which I do nothing, having too much time on my hands and not being able to find a job (yet...), the food plan that I have to pay for even though I don't like the food it provides me with and I end up buying my own food, the people that live near me, the fact that CSB/SJU pretty much own me right now, school bills that are ridiculously high for things that I should be paying for, etc. etc.

Plus, there are things that I'm really looking forward to after graduation: having my own place, having a job that keeps me on the same schedule from day to day, having my own kitchen, paying for what I need/use, not for stuff that I don't want/use, not having to worry about things like a schedule that is never the same from week to week, being able to only spend time with those that I want to..... And yes, there are bad things coming too: monthly bills for one!

Anyway, this is really nothing important, just something that I was pondering on as I wait for people to get ready to go to town. Love to all!

No comments: