Oh how I love kids! Hope your week is going well, love Rachel
Why Blog?
I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I'm Falling In Love...
I think I may have mentioned something about service learning in a previous post, and I am back to tell you more. I just got back from my second afternoon volunteering for a program called Kidstop, and I'm even more in love with it than I was on Monday. Pretty much what I do is arrive at an elementary school around 3:30- just in time for snack- and then I hang out with kids for the next two and a half hours. We do two rotations, during which the kids can pick to go work on homework or read, play games in the big gym or different games in the little gym with counselors, or do arts and crafts. Around 5:00, the numbers start to drop, and we all gather back into the cafeteria for free time until about 5:45, at which point we clean up and go back to the office area for quiet games until the kids are gone. Monday, I did the first rotation in the Homework/Reading Club and the second in arts and crafts, and today I started in the HW/Reading Club again, but during second rotation I played partner tag and colors colors in the little gym with a few kids and Paul. I had forgotten how much fun it can be to run around with little kids and just laugh, so that was a GREAT refresher :o) I have to do 15 hours for my class, the program we're working through requires 20 hours, but I would guess that by the end of the semester I'll be at close to 50 hours because I doubt that I'll be able to stop going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment