Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, August 3, 2009

The End Is Drawing Near

This is my last full week of work, and I am very sad about that. It's been a wonderful five weeks here, and it will be hard to leave. Luckily, Steve and Bunny seem to like me, so I think I'll be back next summer. There really isn't anything new to report, I'm still doing the same kinds of things at work and slowly learning the remaining things that I need to learn. I've been taken out on "garbage runs" and I've "done cans", I've learned the bait house, and I've also helped clean a fish. That was exciting. It wasn't anywhere near as gross as I thought it would be, and I'm kind of looking forward to the next time. I didn't do the whole thing, but I watched Bunny do most of it, and I got to do almost half of it. Funny how I've changed in the past month: cleaning a fish is not disgusting to me, it's exciting!

Anyway, I leave for home next Wednesday night/Thursday morning and start packing up for school. I bought most of my textbooks this morning: $131.03 for six books, and I have two more to buy. I saved about $100 by buying from half.com, and close to another $100 since I'm taking a class that Jon took last semester and he gave me his book. I'm really looking forward to going back to school, regardless of how hard it will be to leave here. I've been talking to some of my friends that I haven't really been in touch with all summer, and we're making big plans for this coming year. Plus, I talked to Erin, my roommate, and we have a futon, a fridge, a "comfy" chair, a hammock, a tv and dvd player, and a microwave. Hopefully we can fit it all in :o)

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. Have a great first week of August! xo

1 comment:

Juli P said...

I used to buy and sell all my books @ Half.com! It saved me a ton of money from that scam they call a college bookstore.