Ok, so I moved home from the cabin last Wednesday evening, and it was a very sad thing for me. The last week I was up there, it was absolutely gorgeous, and I got a lot of sun. I ended up getting home around 9:00 Wednesday night, pretty unhappily. It was a tough transition, moving from the cabin back home and I was exhausted with all the activity for the first couple of days... actually, scratch that, I still am exhausted. Thursday, I drove down to ABC and visited with all my co-workers there, and then Mom and I headed down to the cities for the night. We picked up Grandma and went to ValuThrift, where I got some great buys and so did Mom. Then we met up with the aunts and did dinner at iHop and dessert at Grandma's. Friday morning, we got up, went to church and coffee, and then hit the MoA. We walked the whole place and only bought 6 refrigerator magnets, 4 alpaca wool scarves, and a pair of earrings. It was fun though, and we all enjoyed ourselves. Mom and I finally made it home around 8:00 and stuck in a movie. Saturday, we got up and headed to St. Cloud. (We were in a shopping mood this weekend!) We did well up there too, my biggest buy being a Denali NorthFace jacket for only $100. Usually they're closer to $200, so I was pretty excited about that. Saturday evening, we got home around 7:00 and were both just exhausted.
The past three days have been filled with laundry, packing, meeting friends, and working on a few various projects. My room has been a perpetual mess, which I hate, and it stinks, because I'll have a messy room for at least two more days. I feel like I am bringing WAY too much stuff with me to school, but I can't figure out what the unnecessary stuff is. I think it may be that I'm just bringing a lot of clothes with me. But we'll see. The whole crew is coming up with me today to move everything in, and then we're going to get dinner in St. Cloud before coming home for one last night in my bed. I can't technically move in until tomorrow, and if I'm found there tonight I can get a pretty hefty fine. My roommate can move in today though, so that's how I'm getting in. Tomorrow, I'll move up for good, and I'll have a Campus Ministry meeting in the evening, followed by an all day/night retreat on Friday. Sunday the freshies move in, and then all my friends come back! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them all again.
For those you going back to school/sending kids that direction, enjoy your last few weeks of summer. For the rest of you.... enjoy life :o) hugs and kisses to all
No comments:
Post a Comment