Anyway, Merideth and Brittany are living right next door to me, and Heather will be in the building too, along with many of our other friends. However, Merideth and I are the only ones currently here, which is making for an entertaining evening. We had a Campus Ministry meeting tonight, and after we got back from it, we explored our building, found the laundry room and walked around looking at the names on doors. We've giggled a lot and had some adventures while walking around the building. Which is called Lottie, by the way. Tomorrow morning, we leave bright and early for a day and a half retreat down in the cities, which should be interesting. There are a lot of new faces in Campus Ministry, as well as some great familiar ones. Sunday, we help the first years move in, and then our friends should all start arriving. I can hardly believe that I am looking at a whole nother year up here, and I am getting more and more excited about the process. Well, I must go pack for my retreat now. Love to all!
Why Blog?
I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Yet Another New Room
Well, I am officially moved into my third new room of the summer. Yesterday was an adventure in unpacking (my mother was appalled at the way I treated my clothing), and today was another adventure re-unpacking. My whole family came up with me yesterday afternoon to move me in, which was nice. It poured the whole way up, which was a tad unfortunate since the futon didn't fully fit in my dad's truck bed, but it stopped raining just as we got here and stayed dry until we finished. Since my roommate (Erin) was going back home for a concert, I had to unpack rather quickly, so most of my clothes got piled in a heap in my closet (hence Mom's horror) and things were just randomly stuck everywhere, so we could leave. Today however, I got up, loaded my last few things in the car and took Karen to tennis before heading out of town for the last time. I made it to school around 11ish and started in on the organizing process. It was long and messy, but I made it through. Everything is now hung up, folded, set up, or put away. Except that one of my picture frames came crashing down approximately three hours after I hung it up, scaring the crap out of me and Merideth, especially since we were sitting in her room and didn't see it happen, just heard it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment