Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Break and Stuff

After my week "off" from life, I went to church twice on Sunday; once to play piano, and once because a friend of mine was singing with his choral group during mass, and then I only had two days left. Classes went fine the last two days, and I got to go see the Lorie Line concert with my mom on Monday night, which was pretty cool. I sent a bunch of stuff home with my mom, so I only had my toiletries left to pack on Tuesday....

Thanksgiving break was great! I got home around 4 on Tuesday, and shortly after that, everyone else got home and we went out for dinner (to the Hong Kong Buffet) to celebrate our four year anniversary of the date we adopted Nikita, Steven, and Nina. That was fun, and it was great to eat food that wasn't school food :o) We headed home after we ate and just hung out. Wednesday I got up and went to ABC with mom, which was great. I really miss being around there every day, and I really miss my kids and the women I worked with, so it was great to be back for a little while. Mom and I shopped our way home rather early, because Karen wanted to go out with her friends. Wednesday night was more just hanging out, which was perfect, because I didn't want to do anything! Thursday was Thanksgiving, and that was fun of course. It was great seeing the extended part of my family again, and the food was delicious. When we got home Thursday night (with 10 of Rob and Julie's movies in hand...) I changed into my pj's, and didn't get out of them again until Sunday morning. Friday and Saturday I slept late, got up, read some, worked on my Christmas presents, talked to my mom, and was just lazy in general. 

Sunday after church, I packed up, and after a meeting about NCYC at church, we headed up to St. Cloud to go bowling with the Grubers. That was a lot of fun, even though I stayed about two hours longer than I had originally planned on... I got back to school around 5, and finished unloading, parking my car, unpacking, and putting stuff away around 6. I then proceeded to put off homework even longer (I did absolutely none of it over break) and went to chat with Merideth and Heather. We ended up going to get dinner around 8 with a bunch of the guys we know and love. After dinner, us girls watched Raising Helen in Heather's room, and then I went to bed. 

Classes started again at 8:00 am today, and it was rough getting out of bed. I have two weeks left of classes, and a week of finals before I'm off for Winter Break. During that time, I have two papers to write, one to revise (in French), a bunch of math to do, and some more French t.v. to watch and review, as well as a piano jury, which is a performance of the piece that I've been working on for the piano profs. Oh, and a SCSU Wind Ensemble concert this Sunday, and along with that two extra rehearsals... it's going to be a busy few weeks!

Well, I'm just procrastinating on homework now, so I will be done for now. Love to all!

No comments: