I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights from five until eight, which was a lot of time to be spending on the phone, especially since my boss was gone, and things were getting a little crazy by the end of our work week. However, I got to talk to a lot of prospective students and had some really interesting conversations. I'm getting more and more comfortable around everyone that I work with, which is great because I am the only freshman on the team, and I was a little shy at first. (I know, yeah right, right?) After work, I was pretty tired, so I just came back to my room and hung out. I got a lot of homework done, and studied for my two tests, and I even got to read a little bit before I went to bed (before 11:00) every night.
Thursday I had two tests, and was done with both of them by 10:30. That was fantastic! I came back to CSB, cleaned my room a little, had an hour and a half long lunch with a friend from HS, talked to my mom (three times!!), talked to a couple of friends that I haven't had a chance to talk to in a while, ate dinner with another friend, and then just watched movies on abcFamily until I went to bed.
Friday was unfortunate, because after my great Thursday I didn't want to do anything, but I managed to get out of bed and go to my classes. I did some math homework with a couple of the guys in my class before we actually had math, and then after class, I was done! I came back, immediately put on my jammies and settled down in my comfy chair to read. I did end up getting dressed again, and I went bowling with Brad, the guy I had lunch with on Thursday, and a bunch of his friends. That was fun, and I bowled my top score ever: 119!!!
Today, (Saturday) I got up, showered, ate some cereal, and met up with my mom and dad! :o) We shopped Kohl's, got lunch at Chipotle, and then shopped the mall. It was great to see them both again, especially since I haven't really gotten to see them whenever I have been home. It was also great to get off campus for a while and just be with my family. When I got back around five, I put my stuff away (I got juice!! I am so excited about that :o) ) and putzed around in my room until about six, when I went and got dinner. I am currently wearing my pajamas, and am wrapped up in a blanket, sitting on my chair, and watching more abcFamily.
Although I adore all of my friends here, and wouldn't trade them for anything, I've really appreciated this break from everything. I have been forgetting to add variety to my life by doing lots of different thing with lots of different people, and this week has been a fantastic reminder. I've also been forgetting to take some time to just slow down and have some me time. I am really enjoying being able to do absolutely nothing right now, and I hope that I can remember to make some room in my crazy busy life for me time.
Remember everyone, take some time for yourself, do what makes a happier you, and don't forget to add variety in your life! I love you all, and I hope that today is a fantastic one :o)
(haha, I just re-read this post and realized how many exclamation points I used.... it was obviously a great week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment