However, things have been looking up. I am still exceedingly busy, but I can manage that. I took a test in one class yesterday, and to have that done is a huge weight off my chest. I was really worried about it, but I got to study for a good two hours beforehand, and I think that most of it went okay. All of my other classes are about normal right now, other than the presentation that I have to give on Friday during my FYS class, and I got to sign up for spring semester classes on Monday. I am taking Mass Communications and Society, Combinatorics/Graph Theory (math), FYS, and Peace Studies. I will have three classes every other day, and one on the ones in between. My three class days start at 8:00 at SJU, so that should be very interesting.... I am, however, looking forward to only having one class two or three times a week. And it will be worth it to take the 8:00 class, because when I took Comm. last year, I loved it!
Let's see, what else? I still pretty much live on Mary 2, in one of the men's dorms, but we've branched out a bit. Merideth and I are there most nights of the week, and we've gotten to know almost everyone on the floor. We now spend more time on the opposite end of where we used to, Steve and Geo's room, down by Jon and Jared. These four are our main guys, and we love them dearly. Steve and Jared are on the same volleyball team we are, and Geo and Jon are just great. We hang out with these guys a lot, and although three of the four don't know it yet, Merdy, Steve, Jared, and I are taking a road trip out to California this summer to visit Jon and Geo. We're really excited about it, and hopefully everything goes as planned.
As a side note, this reminds me: a new friends list :o)
The "new" guys include:
Geo/Jovany, Steve Beattie's roommate: This guy is honestly one of my favorite people in the world! He is always happy, and he's so laid-back. He also offers great advice when I'm just stuck on what to do, and he's always happy to see me.
Jon: I just love him. That pretty much sums it up. No but seriously, he's a great guy to hang out with, and something I really appreciate about him is that he can manage to have a real conversation about stuff that matters. He's our "Mr. California" and I cannot wait to see how he reacts to the cold this winter.
Jared Smith: A fellow Safe Sets member and really cool. He's pretty chill, and he's great to have around in an emergency, as we found out this week. Jared's just really easy to be around, and I don't think there's a single person that I know of that doesn't like him.
There're many more, but these are the three most important additions to our group. More on my "new" girls later; I don't want this to get too long.
Anyway, another thing that I would love to do this summer is to be a counselor at the 3G camp; Girls, God, and Good Times. I would work with 4th and 5th graders for one session and 6th-8th graders in the other. The dates may be a bit tough to work with, but I am really excited about it, so hopefully it works for me to do that.
Not much else going on, I guess. I'm keeping up in all of my classes, my room is (currently) clean, the laundry basket's pretty empty, I eat and sleep fairly well, I try to exercise, I have friends, my roommate and I get along, and I get to go home this weekend. That's all for now.
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment