My concert on the 11th was stressful, and it helped me make a pretty big decision about my life for the rest of my freshman year. SCSU Wind Ensemble is becoming too big of a commitment for me to handle. I am getting frustrated with all the time commitments I have, and it's not something that I am passionate about anymore, so I've decided to take a semester off. I plan on re-joining next fall so that I can go to Italy with all of my friends in the summer of 2010, and I think that having taken a semester off, I will be much more excited about what we are doing. I will miss my friends there, and I know that I will eventually miss being part of an ensemble, but right now I feel like this is the best decision I can make. I will play with them one more time, on December 7th, and then I will be done. Since I've made the decision, I am even more frustrated every time we have to do something for WE, but I think I can make it until the end of the semester :o)
On a happier note, it was Merideth's birthday on Friday, and we managed to put on an almost complete surprise party for her Friday night. Someone accidentally spilled the beans Friday afternoon, but Merdy did a great job acting like she knew nothing about it until after the party, when she finally told me. There were 18 of us that helped her celebrate, and Heather and Brittany cooked an amazing dinner. We all had a lot of fun, and it was totally worth all the secrecy and troubles :o) Saturday morning we celebrated again, this time with the Collegebound girls. We made breakfast and hung out for close to two hours, which was a lot of fun, because we haven't seen each other in a long time.
My life lately (besides when I've been planning Merideth's birthday and rehearsing for our concert) has been filled with homework, work, hanging out with the girls (and guys), and trying to get some sleep. I've been spending more and more time at St. Ben's instead of going to St. John's, and I'm finding that it's good. Sometimes I just need a break from everyone, and spending time over here helps me keep my room clean, get my homework done earlier, and see other people that I don't usually see. Plus, I've turned into somewhat of a t.v. junkie. I discovered abcfamily, and I am in love with this channel, so I watch a lot of that now, especially when Sami's gone. I really like having the background noise to "keep me company". I also watch it when I go running in the gym. Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to Thanksgiving break and Christmas! I can't wait to get our tree and start decorating our house, and to have a month off, and curl up in front of the fire with a good book, and do absolutely nothing!!!
Love to all of you that actually read this :o)
3 comments:
College life can be very crazy! Question for you about wind ensemble. Is this a competetive ensemble to be a part of? I would hate to see you drop and then have difficulty rejoining next year. Take advantage of these years of rehearsing and performing with an upper-level ensemble! In years to come you will miss it!
College life is very crazy, but luckily, I love it! The wind ensemble is competitive, but I "have" a spot since I've played with them for two years now. I can't really rearrange my schedule to fit it in well, and I feel like if I try and work it in there that I won't be a good addition to the band. I'll still be playing in church here at CSB/SJU and I have some books that I can work out of through the next semester. I definitely want to get back into things next year, I just can't handle it right now.
Hey Rachel,
It sounds like you're getting into your college groove. . . . enjoy it. Before you know it, it will be graduation! Remember, you can't do it all.
Can you send me an e-mail? I've got a couple questions for you re: christmas . . . thanks.
juli.a.pelletier@wellsfargo.com
Post a Comment