Since I have two tests, a quiz, and a paper to write this week, I'm a little stressed out. Today was long, and it was only the beginning, which is a bummer. I left my room around nine this morning to get breakfast, go to a class that I don't particularly like, practice piano (which didn't go well, making me even more frustrated), drive over to SJU in the crazy wind for another class, which isn't bad, but it's tough, so I don't really enjoy going, then headed straight over to SCSU for WE rehearsal (in which we practiced music that I won't even be playing, since I won't be there in the Spring), and then headed back to my dorm. The day was not that great, so when I walked up the stairs to my floor and smelled cookies baking, I was so happy. A lot of the girls on my floor cook, and coming "home" to the smell of freshly baked cookies just made me smile. I walked into the lounge and thanked the girl for baking. Yes, I know it was weird, and she did give me an odd look, but I was freezing from the long walk back from my car, and I just wanted to say thank you to her for making my dorm a little bit happier to come back to. I explained all that, and she even gave me a cookie, which was delicious! (And warm!)
Well, that turned my day around, and I proceeded to rearrange my room a little bit, getting the food and dishes out of plain sight and putting my books up by my bed, where I actually use them, and then went to work. I've been missing work a lot lately, since we didn't call on Election Day, and I had a concert the following Tuesday, and I'm trying to make up my hours. That means I have a nine-hour work week this week, instead of a six-hour one like usual. Luckily, I like my job more and more as time goes on, so this shouldn't be a hardship for me :o)
Anyway, nothing really all that exciting is going on, I just wanted to remind everyone to take the time to enjoy the little pleasures, such as coming home to the smell of freshly baked cookies! I love you all :o)
2 comments:
I came home from work last night to Dan baking cookies too! It is such a welcoming smell (and sight).
It is the little things that make it all worth it.
OH YEAH! I like the smell of Brownies. Last week on Thursday, I made a pan of brownies and then proceded to eat TWO rows before anyone else got home! It says STRESS releiver here too. Looking forward to when we can make 'em together. Love ya
Post a Comment