Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finals.... blech

Well it's crunch time! I have a final in about an hour and a half... my first of the year. I also have a final tomorrow afternoon, and that's the one I'm really worried about. Today is a French oral final, and it should be a piece of cake. Tomorrow, however, is math, and I really need to do well on the final to finish out with a decent grade. This math class is possibly the hardest I've ever taken: proof writing. I hate it, and I'm counting down the hours until tomorrow at 5:30. Then I will be done with math until next fall. I'm studying hard for that final, and hopefully all goes well. 

Anyway, being a college student, finals don't take up all of my time during the last week of the semester.... NOT! They really do, and since Friday, I've been working on the last little bits and pieces that needed to be done before I go home on Thursday. Finishing up a paper, putting together a French portfolio, and studying for math have occupied my days, while work and church have taken care of my nights. Luckily, I only have the one final that truly concerning, so I have had a chance to sleep a lot, which is always good when you're feeling very stressed out. 

I haven't really updated this in a few weeks, so here's what's happened since December 5th. I went home that weekend and we got our Christmas tree, which is always fun. I spent the night at home Saturday night, and headed back up to St. Cloud early in the afternoon on Sunday for my last concert of the year. My parents came, and so did two of my friends from CSB/SJU, which was really cool. Afterwards, we all went out for dinner, and it was just a good day all around. The next week, last week, was the last week of classes for us. Overall, it was a good week, and it felt pretty good to be getting down to the end of the work. I had my piano jury on Wednesday, and that went well. It was a huge relief to get that done with, because keeping my piano scholarship rests upon how well I do in my lessons and on my jury. I think I can safely say that I'll be keeping that scholarship for at least another semester :o) Thursday I met Mom in St. Cloud for a day of shopping. We didn't really get any shopping accomplished, but it was nice to be with her and forget about all of my school worries for a little while. Friday ended up not going so well, unfortunately. My FYS prof and I got into a rather serious "tiff" about my final paper, and that resulted in my being very stressed out, upset, and worried for three days until we finally got things straightened out.

That brings me to now. My roommate just got back about an hour ago from being home for three days, and she came back to me blow-drying my window. I had forgotten to shut the second pane of my double paned window, and the inside one had frozen shut. Needless to say, the outside one really needed to be shut because having it open makes our room really cold. It took awhile, but I accomplished what I set out to do, and my room feels much warmer already! I've been studying math for quite awhile today, and I still have more to do. However, after an hour and a half, with one break to thaw my window, I needed a little bit of a longer break. I've been starting to take apart my notebooks from the semester so I can re-use them, and I've been collecting all of my school books that need to be sold back to the bookstore. That maybe doesn't seem like a great break, but it's been mindless, so that's always good. After my French final, I'll hit the math books again, and then I have to work for a couple of hours before studying a little more before bed. 

I'm pretty excited to be done with all of this, and I can't wait to be at home and have no schoolwork to do for close to a month! I hope all is well for everyone reading this; for you college students, I hope the finals are going well, and for everyone else, I hope that your last week before Christmas isn't too crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be fun to have you home so we can go play in the snow! Good Luck on Wednesday. Love ya