Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Beautiful

Today was an amazing tribute to God's wonderful works. When I woke up this morning, the air was crisp and the birds were singing. This kind of fall weather is absolutely wonderful! Crisp mornings into warm days into cool nights- gotta love it!

When I was walking around the two campus that I now call home today, I was struck by the beauty of them. The grass is a brilliant green and the buildings are pretty brick red. At St. John's the ponds were perfectly smooth, and the reflection was beautiful. The trees are starting to turn colors and the oranges and reds mixed with the bright greens is one of the best things to witness. While I drove over to St. John's and then walked up to my building, I took a minute to just drink it all in. 

As if that wasn't enough, as I was driving home tonight from St. Cloud State, I was driving into the sunset. The sun was a fiery orange, and the sky around it was darkening into a pretty blue. Even driving through the busy town of St. Cloud, the sunset was amazing. When I got back into St. Joe's it was even prettier.

I don't think I take enough time to just stop and take in the wonderful world that God has created for us, and today made me realize just how great it is. I have a feeling I will notice a little more from now on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel!

I love your blog - it seems you have a talent for writing in a fun, interesting and engaging way. That's great!

Tesa showed me your blog the morning after she discovered it and I read most of it, but was interrupted by a very handsome young man who demanded immediate attention! (They start young ...) But he really is a sweetheart, even when my clothes are dripping with spitup. He has the most precious little laugh and an ever present smile.

Bella's home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She keeps things hoppin'! I have to protect Lorenzo from her because she's so crazy about him. She kisses him every chance she gets, and pinches his cheeks, sometimes a little too hard, and then feels bad when he cries! She and Maria can get pretty animated (if you know what I mean) scuffling over who gets to hold him! He's got the girls fighting over him already - could it be a sign of things to come???! (;

By the way, your dad promised to send me your campus address and e-mail address, etc. a couple weeks ago. I still don't have them...

I hope all goes well with getting your wisdom teeth pulled. That kind of seems like "a rite of passage" for many college students.

I love that you are so aware of the beautiful gifts God has made for us that are a delight to the eye, and inspire joy, wonder and awe. It sounds like you are in an envi- ronment that speaks to your spirit.

Hurray for you for holding fast to your ideals. I'm glad you have found someone else who thinks the way you do about such things. It isn't easy to go against the "flow," especially when that's where many of your friends are, but ultimately you are the winner because you have been true to your- self. Hang in there! You will be greatly blessed.

I had better be signing off or it will be time to be heading to Tesa's!

Love and prayers,
Grandma Kay

Rachel said...

Hey Grandma!

Sorry I haven't written back to you lately... things have been crazy. I am currently on my "long weekend" break, and for the past couple of weeks I've had a bunch of tests and quizzes.

I will send you all of my information very soon. I didn't have your address at school, so when I went to write to you, I realized that I would have to wait until I got home. And then I got home and my wisdom teeth had to be pulled out... not fun! All in all, the procedure went very well, but I'm sore today.

Sounds like you're having fun with Ria, Bella, and Lorenzo. I can't wait to see you all again! It's been a long time.

Well, it's almost time for me to take some more Motrin and head to bed.

I love you,
Rachel