Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Life: An Update

Another week, come and gone. It's hard to believe that I have only been here for three weeks; the time is flying! This week was more of the same: going to class and hanging out with my friends. I haven't really had a down evening yet because there's always something going on here. 

Monday night, I hung out with a bunch of guys and cheered the Vikings on to.... well, not victory, but maybe the end of the game??? :o) Even though we lost, I had a lot of fun and met a lot of new Johnnies. We had a core group of people with a lot of others drifting in and out. In the long run, we ended up having about half of us being Vikings fans, and half Packers fans. I was the only girl with a whole bunch of guys, and, as we all know, I love hanging with the guys. We've decided to make it a weekly tradition to meet up in Steve Beattie's room and watch the game. Some of my girlfriends are going to join us too, so that'll be fun.

Tuesday night, Merdy and I got a late night dinner, which was really fun. The caf is still open at 9:30!! We just kind of hung out, me eating and her just talking with me, and it was great. There's something that's just peaceful about eating so late at night, when there's hardly anyone else in the cafeteria. We have gotten dinner together after 8:00 almost every night since then, and we both really enjoy it. Sometimes, other people stop by and talk to us, but usually we just go together.

Thursday night, I attended a free ballroom dancing class. That was awesome! I have wanted to learn how to ballroom dance for a long time, and I tried to take classes last year. Unfortunately, that fell through, but I think that I'm going to have a blast this year. We just learned a few of the basic steps, and the instructors said that the longer we come, the more advanced steps we'll learn. I went with Merdy, Abby, Kellyn, and Kayla (Abby brought her boyfriend, and Kellyn also came with a boy), and we all had fun. Merdy and I danced together a lot, since the women way outnumbered the men. Next week, the Steves are (probably) coming with us, so we'll have men to dance with. Which would be good!

Friday was fun. I was done with classes at 11:00, ate lunch with Steve Lubner, and headed out to SCSU for a sectional.... since we perform next Friday already. After we got done practicing together, I hung out with Matt Alken for almost an hour, which was GREAT, since I haven't seen him since July. We had a lot of catching up to do on each other's lives. Unfortunately, he had to make it up to Camp Ripely for the weekend, and I had to get back to CSB/SJU for the cross country meet. Merdy, Quirky, and I went to cheer on four of "our" collegebound boys, especially Steve, who placed 80/140 in his very first cross country meet. And SJU won the invitational! It was a lot of fun, contrary to what most people would think of a cross country meet. After the meet, us girls checked out a couple of movies from the library, headed back to CSB and ordered some pizza. We hung out in Kayla's room until Kellyn, Hannah, and Ryan came back, and then six of us went over to SJU. Merdy and I hung out with Steve Beattie after he got off work, which was nice. We walked down to the dock, and just sat there, talking about anything and everything. Eventually we went back to his room, and watched t.v. Luckily for me, Merdy stayed awake, and made sure we made it on the last bus back to CSB. 

Today (Saturday), I got up, did some homework, and headed over to SJU for the football game. Merdy, Steve, and I got some brunch, and then Adam and Tia showed up!! It was so awesome to see my best friend again! We went to the Johnnies/UWRiver Falls game together, but Adam and Tia left at half time, since it was raining and cold. There were a bunch of us that stayed for the rest of the game though, and got soaked and had a lot of fun. Afterwards, most of the girls headed back to CSB to dry off, but I ended up falling asleep on Steve Lubner's couch until close to 7:00. We caught a bus back over to CSB and went to an illusionist. That was really, to use a word I hear a lot, intense. The guy was awesome. Wow. 

Now, I'm just hanging out in my room, watching t.v. My roommate went home for the night, since their soccer game tomorrow is near her house. Tomorrow, our volleyball team has its first match, at 11:00 pm. We'll see how that goes :o) 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice work, della buonanotte

Rachel said...

got it! I finally thought to look it up in Italian :o)