Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, October 10, 2008

From September til now

Life has been crazy busy over the past few weeks. I have been going to classes as usual, and they have all been going fine. I have had a major test in all of them except my First Year Seminar, and I didn't fail any of them :o) This past week, all of the students received the spring semester class guide, so I have been looking at different options for a schedule that I like. I'm running into some problems with having two majors, but I think I can work it all out. 

On the social front, I'm still super busy! I hang out at Saint John's in Steve's room most nights, and I get along with his roommate Jovany really well, so that's good. We do various things, sometimes homework, sometimes watch t.v., sometimes go rock climbing, typically eat dinner at the Reef, and just whatever. I like to go over there to unwind from my day, and I find that if I don't go over it's harder for me to settle into my night, and I can't go to bed as easily. There is something to be said for routine after all :o) 

Merideth and some of our other friends, Steve Rogers, Matt Milner (aka M&M), Carrie, and Mike are all belay-certified, so there is a group of us that goes rock climbing together. The belay-certified folks go every night, and Steve and I have joined them a couple of times together, and a couple of times separately. I can climb the second, third, and fourth hardest walls without problems, and I'm currently working on the double overhang wall. After we climb, we all head to the Reef for dinner, which is fun. 

I started my new job this week. I work in the admissions office here at St. Ben's, and three nights a week I go and call prospective students. They ask me questions, and I try and find out if they are still interested in coming here. It's a perfect job for someone like me, but it's not that exciting. I work six hours a week, and that's a long time on the phone!

Last week was a short week of classes for us. We finished classes on Wednesday, and then got to go home for a long weekend. Unfortunately for me, I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled out the same afternoon that classes got out, so my break wasn't especially great. It was good, however, to be at home and see my family again. I miss them more than I realize, even though I love being on my own. As to the teeth: the operation went very well, the following two days were fine, and things kind of went downhill from there. Nine days later, and I am still bleeding from my lower left gum, and my teeth are still quite sore. I have to go in tomorrow morning to get this whole thing checked out.

This weekend is Family Weekend here at CSB/SJU, so my whole family is coming up to spend the day with me tomorrow. It should be fun!

However, before that happens, I get to head home for a few hours and cheer on the Princeton football team for the 2008 Homecoming. I am catching a ride home with Brad, a sophmore friend of mine from SJU, and I believe a number of my friends from high school will also be there, so I'm pretty excited. 

That's all for now, I'll try and get on here if anything big goes down :o) Take care, and I love you all!

No comments: