Why Blog?
I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Nostalgia
I just finished helping my mom create Karen's CSB quilt square, and it brought back tons of memories. The CSB quilt is a tradition that has been carried on for many years, and I had my own square four years ago. To the family of each incoming Saint Ben's student is sent a linen square that the family then decorates. When the squares are sent back to CSB, they are put in to one of five large frames, each of which is sectioned off to hold a number of the first year squares. The frames stretch down a long hallway in our campus rec center, facing a wall of windows so that everyone who walks by can see them, and they stay up all year. It's a fun tradition, and most new Bennies know where their square is by memory within a couple of weeks. In the first month or so of school, walking by the quilt and touching my square was a nice connection with home... I'm hoping the same will hold true with Karen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment