I have lots of feelings right now.
1.) A little bit of guilt for not having updated this for about three weeks.... sorry about that! Life gets busy, life gets stressful, life gets hard to summarize in blog posts. I'll do my best to do better from now on, otherwise Merideth will really have something to nag me about :)
2.) Excitement and nervousness over my new job... I was officially offered the job as music director at Saint John the Baptist Parish of Collegeville Minnesota before I had even played my second Mass there. I just finished weekend #3 there, and I'm still pretty happy about having gotten the job. However, it will definitely require an adjustment period, both for myself and for the matriarchs of the parish who are used to having things done their way. We'll see who gives in first (I'll give y'all a hint though: it won't be me!) and then things should calm down a bit.
3.) Apprehension over most things school related... my semester next semester is going to be absolutely crazy, some of my classes are a little bit of a struggle right now, and to top it all off, I have to get a new roommate next semester. I filled out the Roommate Questionnaire this morning, but it's hard to portray what kind of person I am just by answering a few questions. I tried hard to be completely honest, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
4.) Disconnect from my family, and therefore discontent on my part... my mom called me this morning and I found some pretty huge things that happened in my extended family over the past couple of weeks, and I really hate it that I was the last one to find out. It also really drove home the point that no one is unbreakable, even those that we think are.
5.) Fear over what's going to happen after graduation... it's getting ever-closer and I have no idea what I want to do yet.
6.) Joy due to the fact that we finally got our Christmas lights put up a couple of days ago... it was long overdue! We had a fun night of friends, Harry Potter, and laughter, which was just wonderful. It was also much needed, and I definitely went to bed with a smile on my face Saturday night.
7.) Anticipation... Harry Potter premieres in 10 days. Enough said.
8.) Loneliness with my friends being abroad... I thought that by now I would be used to having them all gone, but not a day goes by when I don't think about them and wish they were here. Next semester will be a whole new ball game with them home again.
9.) Honored... I was asked to play piano in a wedding this summer. A good friend of mine from grade school and high school proposed to his high school sweetheart a couple of weeks ago, and they asked me to play piano for them. It's inexplicable how good that makes a person feel, and I'm really looking forward to helping them celebrate their special day.
10.) Overwhelmed by life in general... it moves so quickly and I feel like I never have the chance to digest one thing before something new and stressful comes along. My fingers are crossed that after I'm done with school I'll be able to get a better handle on that. I know that life only gets crazier as you get older, but I think that not having to worry about writing papers and studying for tests will help.
I think that ten is a good number, so I'm going to quit now. I'll be back soon! xo
No comments:
Post a Comment