Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day, and that provided me with a lot of food for thought. First of all, I find it very sad that Veteran's Day has become more about the great sales than it is about the men and women that served our country. Secondly, I really hate it when people think that they don't need to celebrate Veteran's Day because they "don't believe in the war". I'm sorry, but that thought process is awful. Regardless of your opinion on the war, there are people fighting for your freedom, away from their families and loved ones, and they will always need our support. Also, Veteran's Day is about vets from ALL of the past wars, not just the one going on right now.

I have loved ones who are vets, I have loved ones who are currently fighting, I have loved ones who are going to be fighting in a few months, I have loved ones who are planning on joining the services. Veteran's Day is about them, not about the war. In all honesty, every day should be a day to honor the veterans in our lives, but I for one am glad that we have at least one designated day to do so.

That was my indignant spill out for the month :) Love to all, especially those who were and still are involved in the armed forces as well as those of us who love them!

No comments: