Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And it's June now...

Ok, so I've honestly been home for over three weeks now. I can't believe it. I didn't believe my friends when they told me summer would go fast, but so far it has. I still have 73 days left until I move back to school though :o( 

Anyway, so the end of the school year went well. That last Sunday, there was some MAJOR work done on research papers for a couple of us... I was up until close to 2 am helping a friend of mine who clearly is the master of procrastination (his paper was due on Monday and he had three pages done when I got to SJU after Mass). Otherwise, it was hanging out as usual. We had classes on Monday, but I didn't have to go to mine, since we had already handed in our final paper, so I had essentially two study days. I pretty much did nothing on both of them. I only had two finals, one in French and one in Comm, both of which were on Wednesday. For Peace Studies, I had a five page research paper that was due on Tuesday, and for FYS, I had the big research paper every first year has to do, and that was also due on Tuesday. Finals went fine in both classes, and it was very nice to be completely done on the first day of finals.

Brittany and Heather left on Thursday, so Wednesday night we all hung out in our typical spots: Heather in Christian's room, and me and Brittany with Jon. It was tough to leave that night, because we'll never have a chance to hang out there again. It was a fun night though. Thursday morning, we got up, ate breakfast together, and then started packing up Brittany and Heather. They both left soon after lunch, and it was tough to watch them go. Merideth and I finished up a few things (or in my case started.... I got about half of my room packed up in an hour and a half), loaded my packed stuff into my car, and headed over to the SJU beach. We were at SJU for the rest of the evening, but it was kind of quiet because people were either studying, packing, or out celebrating being done with finals.

Thursday night into Friday morning, I was up packing and doing laundry, and finishing a few corrections on a couple of French papers. I stayed up until 4:00 am, before finally falling into bed to sleep for a couple of hours. Friday morning, I got up and finished loading up my car, showered, checked out my room, collected Merideth, and ran over to SJU. My boys were leaving, and we helped them finish packing up cars, and then waved as they left. That was the worst. I hated watching them leave, since they were off to Italy and California, and I won't get to see them all summer. The rest of the night, we just kind of hung out. Jordan took me out to dinner and a movie, which was a lot of fun, and then I hung around on Mary 2, talking to the guys that were still there.

Saturday morning, I got up early, showered, and headed to church for commencement masses. We had two, and I sang and played piano at both. The first one was the hardest, because it was my last time singing with some really great people. We definitely had tears in our eyes a few times. After the masses were both done, we put the chairs away, and went back to the dorms, where I helped Merideth and her mom pack up their car before going to my room to wait for my mom. She got there around 3:00 and we headed home for the summer. 

xo, Rachel

No comments: