After the party, I drove out to CSB for the next four days. I was lucky enough to be able to be a counselor at Girls, God, and Good Times (aka 3G) this summer, and I really want to do it again next year. There's two sessions, one for 6th-8th graders, and one for 4th and 5th graders. I worked with the younger girls this year and had a total blast. It was my first time ever being a counselor, and now I can't wait to do it again. I was really nervous about it, but my girls were fantastic, my fellow counselors were great, and it was just a lot of fun.... I could go on and on about it, but I will keep it short and sweet. However, any of you reading this that have daughters that will be in grades 4-8 next year should really consider sending them to 3G.
My biggest news right now is that I finally got a job, and I'll be starting it in just over a week. I'm going to move up to our cabin, which I am super pumped about, and I'll be working at Sugar Point Resort. I'll be a "jill of all trades", doing everything from cleaning cabins, to mowing lawns, to working the docks, to being in the main building. It's about 30 hours week, broken down into five four hour days and one (Saturday) day with a four and a half hour shift in the morning and a three hour shift in the afternoon. As most of you know, at the cabin we do not have internet, and cell phones don't really work, so I'll be a little out of touch for a couple of months, but I'll try and find access somewhere to catch up with y'all.
Well, that's a pretty condensed version of everything that's gone on in the past two weeks. Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment