Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summertime, Sweet Summertime

It's hard for me to believe that I've already had five weeks of summer vacation. It's flown by! I really haven't been doing too much, but it's been nice to relax and unwind a bit after the stress of the end of the year. I've done a lot of reading and I've scrapbooked a couple hundred pictures of my year, I try to work out, and I've watched a lot of movies. I'm working (kind of) on the job situation; at first I was going to try and get a job working up north either waitressing for some old family friends or cleaning cabins at a resort near the cabin, but so far neither of them has worked out. Now, I'm hoping to get some hours in at ABC and cleaning for certain family members of ours :o) That would be ideal, because then I would be fairly free to do things with my friends and I'd probably get the chance to go up to Cragun's resort again for a week to babysit Becca. 

My big excitement of the summer so far was driving down to Iowa last weekend. Merideth had just come back from Argentina and Brittany drove down too. It was absolutely fantastic to see those two, and hear about Merideth's trip. The only downer is that now I miss them even more. Anyway, it took me about five and a half hours to get down there, and the drive wasn't bad. I like driving, and it was kind of fun to undertake such a long trip by myself. We hung out with one of Brittany and Merideth's high school friends on Friday night, and on Saturday we went out to pick up Merideth's horse from where she had spent the school year. That was fun, partially because it was way out in the country which is always beautiful, and partially because I came home with a new kitten. Since Penny is getting pretty old, we decided it was time to get a new cat. He is all black except for a little white patch on his chest, and he has blue eyes. He's about nine weeks old, and he's a little shyster. I stopped in Bloomington for the night on my way back home, and he was tricky to keep safe in Grandma's garage. Monday morning when I left her house is when I started to run into problems. He managed to crawl out of the box I had him in and created quite a problem. I was fairly flustered, but we managed to make it home all in one piece. 

Next week, I'm off to CSB for a few days to be a counselor at a girls camp. I'll have five or six fourth and fifth grade girls, and it should be a lot of fun. Otherwise, not much else is new. So, love to all and I hope that you are enjoying the (somewhat) nice weather.

No comments: