Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

On The Go

What a week! Last Wednesday, Brittany, Merideth, Erin and I signed up for our rooms. The four of us got two rooms right next to each other on Lottie three, which is exactly what we wanted. Molly and her friend are living on the other side of Brittany and Merideth, and two of Erin's friends are just down the hall. We're all really excited to be living by each other and we've started making room plans. I think I've found a futon, and Erin's going to get a t.v., so we're pretty much set. I can't wait to live with someone that I can actually talk to, someone that I feel comfortable asking to leave so I can sleep... etc. etc. 

Thursday through Saturday brought new activities every night. Thursday night, the GAC jazz band (Karl's jazz band) played in Albany, which is only about 10 minutes away from SJU, so Brittany and I headed out there after dinner. The concert was phenomenal, and it was GREAT to see Karl again. Linda and Colin were there too, and we all went out to DQ after the concert to chat and catch up. Friday night Brittany, Heather, Ben and I went to the musical review on campus and that was absolutely wonderful. I knew a lot of the performers, and they did a great job. The four of us that went got all dressed up and had a blast. Saturday, after I got back from celebrating Easter at my grandma's house, nine of us went to see Noises Off which was a really funny play, and then we went into town and got some pizza and hung out for a while. Sunday was a bit of a rest; I did some homework, went to church, and then went to SJU for the remainder of the evening. 

The beginning of this week was rough. I had three tests yesterday, one right after another, and the days before that were filled with studying. Luckily for me, we had another snow storm hit on Tuesday, and because the roads were pretty bad, classes were cancelled, and so was work. That was fantastic! Brittany, Heather and I spent the day hanging out, doing homework, reading, and watching movies. It was really nice to relax here at CSB for a day, and I got to go to bed early too, in preparation for my tests. My first test was at 8:00 am at SJU, and then I just kept going from there. I got done around 12:30, grabbed lunch with the crew, headed back to CSB and got ready to register for classes. Unfortunately, I got an email about 15 minutes before I registered, saying that one of the classes I wanted to take was full, and that there would be no more sections opening up. That was a bummer, but I had picked out another class to fill that spot too, just in case.... I went to register, only to find out that I couldn't get in to that class either. That was a bummer, and I had to do some juggling, but I ended up with three comm classes, a math class, a math independent learning project, and piano lessons. I still have an 8:00 am at SJU, but it's a comm class that I'm taking with one of my friends from my math class last semester, so it should be fun. My other new news is that I withdrew from piano lessons for the remainder of the semester. I decided that with everything I have going on for the rest of the semester, I just don't have the time or energy to play catch up. I'll keep my scholarship on a disability claim, and resume lessons next fall. 

Now, I just have to make it through the next two days and it's the weekend. I can't wait! Love to all.

No comments: