Today is the kind of day that makes me sit up and realize that no matter what kinds of things are going on in my life, I need to be thankful for the people that have been along my life's path. I, along with the rest of the nation, have been watching the news updates come pouring in about the shooting in an elementary school in Connecticut. And my heart, along with the hearts of the rest of the nation, is breaking at the thought of what those families, and that community, must be going through.
Life is so short. For 26 people in Connecticut, 18 of them children under the age of 10, it ended today. So today, in addition to praying for their souls, their families, and their friends, I want to take a moment and let you know that I love you. You are important to me. Whether we speak on a regular basis or only every once in a while, you have touched my life in a way that has helped make me who I am today. I care about you. I probably haven't told you this often enough, but thank you. Thank you for your support, your love, and your encouragement.
Tell your family, tell your friends. Tell them how much they mean to you. Be a little gentler, be a little softer. Smile at a few strangers and be thankful that you have today to live.
No comments:
Post a Comment