Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sunday, July 24, 2011

This is from Sunday... I didn't have internet until about 20 minutes ago!


It's 9:45 pm; my mom and sister left about 11 hours ago, and I am alone in my new home. It's been a long three days, full of packing and unpacking, driving, exploring the city I now live in, and trying to figure out everything that needs to get done in the next week. (On the top of that list is getting my internet set up, as soon as possible!) I am finally sleeping in my bedroom (Karen has been up here for the past couple of nights) and no longer have to fear the ceiling fan crashing down on my while I sleep…. it sounds like it's going to come flying off at any second, which is not conducive to relaxation. Thus, the next phase of my life begins.

Even though I saw this actual apartment when I visited here a month and a half ago, it was almost impossible to imagine it as mine. Until now. My stuff is scattered everywhere, and I'm starting to figure out where I want it all to go. It was an immense help having my mom and sister here to help me unload everything and then go shopping to find more of what I need, but it will be nice to have the chance to really make this place my own. In some senses, it feels totally natural to be moving into yet another apartment - after all, I have moved into new places three years in a row, so this is nothing new. In other senses, however, it is completely and utterly terrifying. I'm not leaving here in eight months. My friends don't live down the sidewalk or across campus, and my family is much further than 45 minutes away. I try not to think about this stuff, and just concentrate on the new and exciting adventures that are in front of me, but every once in a while a thought slips in that reminds me how alone in this place I really am.

I am exhausted - physically, mentally, and emotionally - and I'm just hoping that things will look brighter tomorrow. And brighter yet the next day. And so on and so forth. Hopefully starting work will help a lot, and my fingers are crossed that I get visitors sometime in the near future! Any prayers (and/or mail) are welcome. I miss you all already, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Much love.

No comments: