Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Ciao Minnesota!

I woke up today for the last time at my home.... and in a very short while, I'll be headed off to make my new home in Madison, WI. I'm feeling a little (okay, a lot) nervous, and a lot sad - I'm taking my biggest step yet into "the real world" and while it's one that I've been looking forward to for a long time, it's also the one that makes me apprehensive of what's to come. I know that I'll do fine, and I know that I will come to love living in Madison, but I also know that this will take some time.

Mom and Karen are coming with me to help me move (I have a LOT of stuff!) and we're planning on heading out in about 10 minutes. However, most of you know my family, and know that "in about 10 minutes" will actually translate to "within the next hour." It's going to be a long day, and I'm looking forward to it with equal parts of excitement and dread... three flights of stairs with all of my crap (I mean belongings) is probably not going to be the most fun I've ever had, especially if the promise of thunderstorms comes true.

Anyway, I have a lot more to catch everyone up on, and that will happen after the move, and most likely after Mom and Karen leave on Sunday. Much love to all!

Rachel

No comments: