It took three years, but I'm finally having a break during our fall break! Erin headed home after her class on Wednesday, and then I just had one more class and a couple hours of work before my own break started. So far, I haven't done any homework, but it's definitely on the agenda for today, along with laundry, cleaning, cooking, and putting up our Christmas lights.
The weather has been absolutely amazing, and I've been trying to take advantage of it. On Thursday morning, I got together with one of my oldest friends for coffee, and that was a ton of fun. We go all the way back to my second fourth grade class, and were friends all through high school. He lives in Sauk Rapids, but Thursday was the first time I'd seen him in almost two full years- it was nice to catch up, and we agreed that we would try to make it a more regular occurrence. Then my mom came up and we got lunch, did a little bit of shopping, and then headed to St. John's to hike the trails. We spent a couple of hours hiking around Lake Sag and chatting, and it was absolutely great to spend the time together and outside in the beautiful fall weather.
Yesterday, I got up and went for a run outside, and loved that too- I'm going to try and keep running outside instead of going to the gym all the time. I got lunch with my youth minister and friend from home, which was a lot of fun, and then spent the rest of the day hanging out around my place.
In one week, we'll be half way done with the semester... I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's a little bittersweet. I'm starting to try and figure out what life will look like after graduation: do I want to stick around and work here for a while, or do I want to go and check out the world? I've been looking into jobs overseas, but at the same time I've been looking into apartments in the St. Cloud area. I interviewed for a job on Wednesday, and that may sway my decision a little bit, we'll see. Anyhow, I'm going to try and motivate myself to do something now.
Get outside and enjoy this gorgeous Saturday! Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment