Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Ups and Downs

Time is flying by this summer. This is the fastest I've known a summer to go in my 20 short years, and it's an unsettling feeling. Anyway. The weather has finally taken a turn for the beautiful. For the past five or six days it has been warm, sunny, and absolutely gorgeous (although a little windy). I have been enjoying spending time reading outside in my hammock and on the dock, an activity that never fails to remind me why I chose to move up here again this summer. A more disliked activity is doing my homework for Psych. It's time consuming for one thing, and for another, as soon as I think I have everything figured out and going smoothly, something weird happens with the online programs and I get frustrated again. This morning when I logged on to write my first essay of the summer I checked my grades, as I always do, only to find that the online activities that I have to do with each chapter are not showing up in the grade book for three chapters and are showing up as zeros for two more chapters. I sent an email to my professor, and am now waiting for instructions as to what to do about this.

Aside from class, I've been keeping myself occupied. I went out to dinner with Bunny and Jordan the other night (Steve's in Wyoming for the week) at Jerry's Bar in Boy River, which was fun even if it was a little weird. My roommate Erin and her family (plus her boyfriend Will) are staying in Longville this week, and I finally got over to see them last night. It was a short visit, but we all got ice cream at the local ice cream store, Frosty's, and caught up a little bit. I can't wait to go back to school so I can see them all the time again! Otherwise, I've been hanging out here, practicing guitar, biking, running, etc. etc.

Bunny just got back from town, which means it's time for me to go home for awhile, until I'm back later for my night shift. I hope that you are all grabbing chances to get outside and enjoy the beauty that is God's creation. xo

No comments: