Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ready to Set Off

I'm all packed up (kind of) and ready to go. I have a few more things to put into my car, but I could leave in half an hour, give or take a little, if I really wanted to. But I'm planning on sticking around here until probably about 4/4:30 or so, since there really is no rush to get to the cabin. I work tomorrow, and the morning will be more than enough time to unpack and get settled. It feels so weird that I'm going to be up north for the next four months. Last summer was great, and I'm definitely looking forward to the coming months, but for some reason I feel a little apprehensive this time around. I'm not entirely sure why; it could be that I haven't had enough time to get bored here or that I'm going to hate not having the internet to use to talk to my friends or that it just seems like everything is moving faster and faster as time goes on. And I don't like that. It's been a bittersweet experience packing up my stuff from home and putting it away for next year, and to look around and know that in all likelihood, I won't be living here anymore. I'm excited but scared, happy and sad... Anyway, I'll be back in town next week to babysit Miss Becca while her little brother is arriving, but after that I'll be back to limited internet access. I love you all, and hope that your summers start off swimmingly! xo Rach

No comments: